Trained volunteers are now available to offer confidential, practical support and information to families who have experienced a death by suicide. At the request of the family, the Suicide Outreach Support Person can call to the home or meet at a location appointed by the family.
The outreach worker can provide information and practical support concerning the following areas:
- The funeral
- The inquest
- What to say to children
- How to deal with the neighbours
- Help the person to clarify their personal grief
- Connect the person to other support services in their area
- Provide information on suicide and attempted suicide
- Be there, as a friend, for the person.
The Living Links listening/support service is free of charge and available to any person in the community including emergency personnel, gardai and clergy etc., who have in any way been affected by suicide.